Ocean Innovation Entrees Recipes
BBQ Shrimp Pizza
Yield: 1 pizza
Dipt’n Dusted® Shrimp Tenders – 3oz (any Tampa Maid popcorn shrimp)
Caramelized Onions – 3 Tablespoons
Corn, Whole Kernel – 3 Tablespoons
Mozzarella Cheese – 3 Tablespoons
BBQ Sauce – 4 Tablespoons
Flatbread – 1 each
Green Onions, 1/4’’ sliced – 1 Tablespoon
1. Cook shrimp tenders for approximately 2 1/2-3 minutes until internal temperature reaches 165˚F.
2. Evenly brush ½ of the BBQ sauce on the flatbread, add mozzarella, caramelize onions and corn.
3. Place in preheated 350˚F oven and cook for approximately 7-8 minutes to melt cheese.
4. Place cooked shrimp on top of heated flatbread and drizzle the remainder of BBQ sauce in a ribbon motion and garnish with sliced green onions.
Crispy Shrimp and Chips
Yield: 4 orders
Tampa Maid Butterfly Shrimp – 16 Each
French Fries – 12 oz. or 3/4 lb.
Chipotle Tartar – 8 fl. oz.
Malt Vinegar – 1 oz.
Chipotle Tartar Sauce
Tartar Sauce – 2 cups
Chipotles in Adobo Sauce, minced – 2 each
Adobo Sauce – 2 Tablespoons
Garlic Clove, minced
1. Follow Cooking instructions for butterfly shrimp and French fries
2. Place crispy fries on the bottom of serving platter, mound crispy butterfly shrimp on top.
3. Individually fill ramekins with cocktail, tartar sauces and malt vinegar for dipping.
Honey Apple Cider Grilled Shrimp Skewers
TM Shrimp Skewers – As needed
Honey Apple Cider Glaze – As needed (see below for recipe)
Asparagus – As needed
Honey Apple Cider Glaze
Apple Cider Vinegar – ¼ cup
Clover Honey – ½ cup
Brown sugar – 1 Tbsp
Combine all ingredients and mix well, bring to a simmer and turn off heat.
1. Rinse and remove wooden end of asparagus and pat dry with paper towel. Set aside until ready to grill.
2. Preheat grill to medium high heat. Lightly oil grill grates.
3. Season shrimp skewers with salt and pepper and cook for approximately 3 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reaches 150°F.
4. Move cooked skewers to the coolest part of grill and lightly baste both sides of skewers with honey apple cider glaze.
5. Drizzle asparagus with olive oil and evenly season with salt and pepper.
6. Cook asparagus until tender approximately 4-5 minutes turning frequently.
7. Serve grilled Shrimp Skewers and asparagus together on plate or platter.
Scallops & Grits
Breaded Scallops 6 each
Creamy White Grits 1/2 cup
Lemon Butter Sauce (see sauce recipes) 1 oz
Chives chopped sprinkle
1. Fry scallops of approximately 3-3 1/2 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Let cooked scallops rest on paper towels until ready for use.
2. Place Creamy white grits (see below or recipe) in middle of a bowl or plate. Evenly arrange the scallops on top of grits and spoon lemon butter sauce on top of scallops. Garnish with chopped chives.
Chicken Broth 6 cups
Coarse stone ground white grits 2 1/4 cups
Heavy Cream 1/2 cup
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Bring the chicken broth to a boil. Slowly add grits, stir constantly. Reduce the heat and continue to stir so that the grits do not settle to the bottom and scorch. In about 5 minutes, the grits will plump up and become a thick mass. Continue to cook the grits for about 20-25 minutes, stirring frequently. The grits should have absorbed all of the chicken stock and become soft. Stir in the heavy cream and cook for another 10 minutes, stirring frequently. The grits should have a thick consistency and be creamy like oatmeal.
Season to taste with salt and pepper. Keep over low heat until ready to serve if the grits become too thick, add warm chicken broth or water to thin them down.